The rapid technological advances of the 21st century have prompted companies and users to integrate an ever-expanding list of devices into our daily activities. As the name suggests, home automation is all about integrating the electronic devices of your home with a common centralized control unit that can automate the device functionality based on user inputs. Not only home appliances but even your security systems, programmable devices such as sprinkler systems and thermostats, and garage doors can be controlled via the use of smart home automation systems.
Let us now discuss how can home automation systems be used in houses and what features are available to users.
SMART ENTERTAINMENT IDEAS TO OPT FOR
Entertainment automation is something to be actively considered for your home as it offers some amazing benefits. Below are some smart entertainment ideas that you can opt for:
- You can get your TV to switch on as soon as you enter your home. This can be a welcome feature when you’re arriving home after a tiring day at work.
- From the control unit or mobile app of the home automation system, you can ensure that all the TVs in your home can be turned off at bedtime. This can reduce your energy bills.
- With a smart speaker system in place, music can be streamed to every corner and room of your home and you can control the playlist and volume using the automation app.
EVERYDAY ALERTS AND NOTIFICATIONS
- You can get a text notification on your mobile if the garage door is left open.
- If your oven gets preheated, you can get a notification on your smartphone.
- Instead of manually activating the lights of the home, you can automate them to turn on as soon as someone enters the bedroom by opening the door. A notification can also be set up to let you know that the door has been locked again.
- Receive a notification upon detection of motion in a particular room such as your office.
HOME THEATER AUTOMATION IDEAS
- The intensity of the lighting systems can be adjusted automatically when a movie starts or ends. It can be programmed to reduce at the start of a movie and increase when the movie ends.
- You can control the TVs in your home through your smart home app and also ensure that when you enter the home after a day at work, your favorite channel is running for you.
- A push notification can be received on the iPad of your kids which prompts them to turn off their TV. The bedroom lights can flash as a warning signal and after 10 minutes, the TV switches off automatically.
AUTO LIGHTING IDEAS
Lighting automation is perhaps the best-known home automation process as it is also the first-ever home automation idea to be put into commercial use. Smart lighting systems are used where lights can be turned on/off or dimmed at a particular time.
- Sunrise alarms are a great way to get started with lighting automation in your home where the lights automatically turn on and gradually brighten up in the morning. This removes the need for having a loud alarm clock in your bedroom. It can be controlled and programmed using the app on your smartphone.
- Turn on/off the lights in your home whenever you step out of the house or come back in. This can be done via a single command through the smart home app.
- Pathway or entry lights can be scheduled to automatically turn on before you drive in or turn off as soon as you take your car out. Geofencing is used to manage this process and there is no need to program it manually as it is already available in your smart home automation app on your mobile phone.
- Lighting automation is amazing as it can dim the lights whenever you want them or they can also be dimmed automatically during bedtime. Similarly, they can also be made to shine bright whenever you deem it necessary. The system can be programmed to your specifications.
- Night lights can be set up using lighting automation in your home. Even the garage lights can be programmed to turn on as soon as your open the door.
SMART SECURITY IDEAS
- Automatic door locking and unlocking can be done via the use of a smart security home automation process where you can also check the app to see whether or not the doors are locked. You can also use the app to lock or unlock doors from anywhere.
- Using motion sensors, you can get notified if there is an intrusion in your home. For example, if a sensor gets tripped, you will be able to receive a notification in the control panel of your smart home automation app.
- Even water leakages can be monitored as you can install water sensors connected to your smart home hub. These can be placed in the potential problem areas of your home. You will receive a notification from the hub if moisture is detected by the sensors. These sensors are also programmable so that you can have them functioning the way you want them to.
Home automation can be made to work with almost all appliances available in your home. In this article, we have discussed some of the most amazing automation ideas that can be implemented immediately to help you run your home effectively. Although, you need to make sure that you take the help of a professional service provider while setting up home automation in your house. Tekmax Technologies is one of the best home automation service providers currently available in the market.